Monday, October 13, 2008

Twilight


After talking to librarians and other people who know what middle/high school students are reading, I found that Stephanie Myer's Twilight Series is all the rage right now. Well, being the curious person I am, I decided I might try this series. I can understand the appeal to adolescent girls--love, at a distance, and the most wonderful male ever. You have to get past the vampire stuff, but the story is kind of like a romance novel without the sex. At one point, the kids go to a beach party where they talk and take walks on the beach--no drinking, drugs, or other X-rated activities. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of wishful thinking, but most of it is imagination. Haven't decided if I want to read the other 3 books in the series (and a 4th in January). Because I'm not an adolescent girl anymore, I prefer stories with a little more depth. The story did grab me from the first page and keep my attention until the last page. I just had to find out if Edward would continue to love Bella from a safe distance or give in and suck her blood. If you want to know, you will just have to read the book--or ask any middle/high school girl.

No comments: